Sono Ipazia ed è la prima volta che pubblico un post su questo blog.
Vorrei farvi leggere una poesia di Edna St. Vincent Millay e l'unico motivo per cui desidero che la leggiate è che è bella.
Ashes of Life
- Love has gone and left me and the days are all alike;
- Eat I must, and sleep I will, -- and would that night were here!
- But ah! -- to lie awake and hear the slow hours strike!
- Would that it were day again! -- with twilight near!
- Love has gone and left me and I don't know what to do;
- This or that or what you will is all the same to me;
- But all the things that I begin I leave before I'm through, --
- There's little use in anything as far as I can see.
- Love has gone and left me, -- and the neighbors knock and borrow,
- And life goes on forever like the gnawing of a mouse, --
- And to-morrow and to-morrow and to-morrow and to-morrow
- There's this little street and this little house.
- Le sofferenze d'amore non sono comunque dolci?
- Saluti a Megalexandros!