venerdì 5 ottobre 2018

DEREK WALCOTT, da The Schooner Flight, The Flight Anchors in Castries Harbor, rad: A.Panciroli




The Flight Anchors in Castries Harbor

When the stars self were young over Castries,
I loved you alone and I loved the whole world. 
What does it matter that our lives are different?
Burdened with the loves of our different children? 
When I think of your young face washed by the wind 
and your voice that chuckles in the slap of the sea? 
The lights are out on La Toc promontory,
except for the hospital. Across at Vigie
the marina arcs keep vigil. I have kept my own
promise, to leave you the one thing I own,
you whom I loved first: my poetry.
We here for one night. Tomorrow, the Flight will be gone.






















La Flight all'ancora nel porto di Castro

Quando anche le stelle erano giovani nel cielo di Castro.
Amavo solo te ed amavo il mondo intero.
Cosa importa che le nostre vite siano differenti?
Gravati dall'amore dei nostri figli differenti?
Quando penso al tuo giovane viso lavato dal vento
ed alla tua voce che ride ironica sotto lo schiaffo del mare?
Le luci sono spente sul promontorio di La Toc,
tranne  che per l'ospedale. Oltre Vigie
vigilano gli archi del porticciolo.  Ho mantenuto la mia
promessa, lasciarti  la sola cosa che possiedo,
a te che per primo ho amata: la mia poesia.
Noi qui per una notte. Domani, la goletta Flight sarà partita.




Nessun commento :

Posta un commento