sabato 19 gennaio 2013

ONE REMAINS, Peter Riley, trad. Alessandro Panciroli





 Jack Butler Yeats / One remains or Death For Only One






I would like to die lying on a hillside
In the West of Ireland one summer evening
Crossing my legs and resting my right cheek
On my right palm with my latest companion
Standing beside me already wondering
How at that age to find a new friend. I
Like to think there are people I don't
Yet know who'll be willing to ease my way
Through that day's work. I shall gulp
The sunset I shall turn the slope on edge
And one stands there, he or she, asking me
If time sets all things right.


Mi piacerebbe morire in una sera d'estate 
sdraiato su una collina d' Irlanda
con le gambe incrociate e  la guancia destra poggiata
sul palmo della mano destra  l' ultimo compagno
al  mio fianco che già si chiede
come potrà a questa età trovare un nuovo amico
Mi piace pensare che ci sono persone che ancora
non conosco  disposte ad alleviare il mio transito
attraverso la fatica di quel giorno. Inghiottirò
il tramonto aggirerò il pendio sul limitare
e qualcuno sarà là, lui o lei, a chiedermi
se con il tempo tutto s'aggiusta.


Nessun commento :

Posta un commento